Football season is finally here, and that means tailgating! Be safe out there, and always remember you can never pack too much ice!
That also means it’s the beginning of a new fall semester. Start the year off strong with our BRAND-NEW study lounge and business center available 24/7 to all our residents!
HVAC: As you know, your A/C and heat are controlled by the thermostat. Please keep the fan control set to “auto”, not “on”.
Plumbing: Please buy a plunger for your bathroom. We will be happy to plunge your toilet once for free. Any additional time will be a $35 charge.
Reminders and Updates
If you have a dog, please be sure to pick up after it. No one likes a mess on their shoe. If you do not pick up after your dog, we will charge you.
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
The Davis Car Wash — Saturday, September 8 from 10 a.m.–1 p.m. — Whoa o whoa o whoa o whoa, WORKING AT THE CAR WASH, YEAH! Bring your car out behind the clubhouse, and our professional car-washing enthusiasts (aka our CAs) will make your cars shine just in time for the beginning of the semester!
Glow-Theme Volleyball Tournament — Wednesday, September 12 from 7–9 p.m. — We’ll be “serving” our residents to a glow-theme volleyball night hosted by CA Justin. Come “set” it off at the sanded volleyball court beside the pool. “Spiking” is encouraged!
Breakfast for Dinner — Monday, September 17 from 5–7 p.m. — Switching it up to have a breakfast bite during non-conventional hours served to order by CA Sutton. Come grab your pancakes and bacon in the clubhouse!
National Pepperoni Pizza Day — Thursday, September 20 from 4–6 p.m. — Slide on by our leasing office for a couple of delicious pepperoni slices in honor of National Pepperoni Pizza Day!
Game Night — Thursday, September 27 from 6–8 p.m. — Join our staff in the lounge for an inviting and fun game night — college edition! Games will include hit classic college games like Cards Against Humanity, What Do You Meme, giant Jenga, and more!