Fall in love with savings at The Davis! If you haven’t already renewed, now is the time. We’re offering the lowest rates of the season! By renewing your lease, you avoid the expense and hassle of moving. Contact our office today to save your bed space for fall 2018.
Don’t forget to fall back on November 5! This means setting your clocks back an hour and gaining an extra 60 minutes of sleep. Although gaining an hour of sleep isn’t problematic, it can still throw off your schedule. To adjust to the time change, The Davis recommends sticking to your nighttime routine, avoiding long naps, and getting as much natural sunlight as possible.
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Rent is due on the 1st and considered late on the 6th. At this time, a 5% late fee will be charged.
- To place a maintenance request, log in to your resident portal at https://livethedavis.com/residents/. Completely fill out the service request, and be as specific as you can for more prompt service.
- For assistance after hours, call (252) 758-5551 to reach the on-call Community Assistant.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
Veteran Appreciation Cards — November 1 — Write a letter to a hospitalized veteran to say thank you for their service! Red, white, and blue ribbons will also be available in honor of Veterans Day.
Professional Headshots and Professional Talk — November 7 — Build your resume and take professional headshots for your LinkedIn profile. An information session will also be held in the clubhouse for those interested in ECU’s College of Nursing.
The Davis’ Annual Thanksgiving Dinner — November 15 — Enjoy a home-cooked meal with all the fixin’s provided by GK Cafe!
Smash Bros. Tournament — November 20 — Earn bragging rights by winning our Smash Bros. Tournament in the clubhouse! Food will be provided.
Breakfast at the Bus Stop — November 29 @ 9 a.m. — We’ll have Chick-fil-A breakfast at the front bus stop!