July is unfortunately the last month some of you will be with us. We had a blast this year with you all, and we hope you did as well. Be on the lookout for social media posts and flyers full of move-out tips for a smooth transition. We will surely miss you. Also, please leave a review of your experience here at The Davis on Facebook or Google — we love to hear your feedback!
If you’re moving out during the summer, it’s important to turn in your keys and complete a notice-to-vacate form in the front office. You are also still responsible for the rent installments stated in your lease.
Reminders and Updates
Rent installments are due on the 1st of every month, and late fees are applied on the 6th at 9 a.m.
The summer months can come with some serious heat. If you are experiencing any AC issues, please notify our office staff as soon as possible. If it’s after office hours, please call (252) 758-5551 and select the appropriate extension to be transferred to the on-call phone.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Dunk and Dive — Thursday, July 11 @ 5 p.m. — Join us at the pool for a fun-filled SPLASHTACULAR basketball tournament hosted by CA Omar! Sign up in the office for a chance to compete to win a $25 gift card!
Summer Body Fitness — Friday, July 19 @ 7 p.m. — Stop by the gym to combine fun and fitness! Feel the burn as well as the bond! Plenty of healthy snacks and beverages will be provided.
National Ice Cream Day — Sunday, July 21 from 1–2 p.m. — Celebrate National Ice Cream Day by looking for our ice cream truck around the property. We may even have a cold treat for your furry friends!
Shark Bait — Saturday, July 27 @ 8 p.m. — Shark Week has arrived, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by watching The Meg at the pool. Floaties will be provided, and who knows, there may be a shark or two swimming around.