Summer is FINALLY here! Come enjoy the beautiful summer weather of Pirate Nation at the relaxing oasis of The Davis’ pool. Bring your board shorts, bikinis, and friends to kick off summer with some FUN!
Don’t forget, The Davis is now under management by Campus Advantage. We’re looking forward to enhancing your experience here, and we hope you’re excited for it, too!
If you haven’t renewed for next year, be aware that placement is happening now! Your space is up for grabs if you don’t let us know you’re staying. Swing by the office to chat with a Community Assistant today!
— Your friends at The Davis!
- We want to wish a very special birthday shout-out to all of our great residents with summer birthdays! Stop by the office on your birthday, and our leasing agent Brittany will sing you Happy Birthday!
- Need a roommate? Refer someone to live with you, and you will each get $100!
Reminders & Updates
- Residents, please remember that no pets are allowed in the pool area at any time for any reason.
- If you are going to be leaving for vacation over the summer, please do the following: Set your A/C to cool — auto and leave it between 72–75 degrees. This will help keep everything in ship shape for when you return. LOCK ALL YOUR WINDOWS AND DOORS! Let us know of any work orders you need before you leave, and switch off all lights. Have a question? We have answers! Call the office, and let’s chat!
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
National Donut Day — June 2 — Free Duck Donuts in the office all day!
Kona Ice Block Party — June 9 from 1–3 p.m. — Come out and get your free Kona Ice!
Valet Trash — June 12 @ 3 p.m. — Beat the heat by skipping a walk to the dumpster! Residents have the option to leave up to two bags of trash outside their front door for valet pick-up.
Pool Party — June 14 — Come enjoy some free food and fun at our lovely pool! (Rain dates are June 15 and 16.)
Summer Sundae Bar — June 21 — Bring in the first day of summer in style with an awesome sundae bar with all your favorite toppings!
Free Car Wash — June 30 — The Davis will be hosting a car wash service for all current residents, and an upgrade package for a tire/rim cleanse is available if you refer a friend to tour! Take advantage of this, and make sure your car looks nice and clean this summer!